View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 09:27 AM
AlaskaAdam
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022
Position: 1900C FO

Originally Posted by ThePoorPilot View Post
Speaking to a recruiter and she said currently (as of about a month ago) IAH was the junior base with reserves being 4-5 months. However, I spoke with her last week and she said Dulles was now the junior base with reserve times of 5 months.

The thing is, I think it is changing so fast that what you hear today, may not be the correct answer tomorrow.

One good thing about the crazy hiring is that after 6-8 months you should be able to hold FO in any location. If I am thinking about it correctly. (If I’m wrong, someone please correct me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the updated information. I texted my recruiter after reading this. I was driving a vehicle down from Alaska and about to put a deposit on a place that would have been a super easy commute to IAH. I assumed IAH was guaranteed if you wanted it. In fact my buddy currently in class all of them got IAH and they were bidding for other places. Reading this changes a lot for me and I see I need to put the brakes on my current plans. Please let us know if you hear further and I will do the same.