View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 03:21 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by MinRest View Post
The variable you don't include is that in scenario B, said pilot can just simply go list on another airline to get home, and if needed, can sit in the cockpit because he/she is CASS and actually make it home instead of being away from their family another day than they absolutely have to.
While we can't be in the cockpit, the company will pay more for a different ticket to get you home if you need to get home. I've had them change to more expensive tickets when i saw that their plan was unlikely to work at the beginning of the day and I've had them buy me another ticket after gking oart of the way when the original connection was going to fail. I've gotten an average of about 1 after midnight a year. Most of them I could have gotten home, but I followed the contract and said I wouldn't go over 14 hours of duty. If I needed to get home instead of taking the money, I would have gotten home and there have been occasions that I went over 14 because I had to be home. I still got a little overtime at least. Most of the days that you can't would be the same days a commuter would most likely be stuck just the same when the wx shuts things down.