Thread: ABX Air Latest
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 08:44 AM
CaptainJay
Missing from the Crashpad

Joined APC: Jan 2022
Position: 767 Right of center, most days

Originally Posted by EasyStep View Post
Is it worth it going from a 90/hr regional to ABX? Or just stay at regional to major

How is the training quality and fail rate?

How long is training start to finish
Every company has a personality, as does every pilot. Never pick your career airline for a single item. Ie, for a base, equipment type, cargo vs passenger, or a current contract. All these things change. Find a company that is solid, has a great record of surviving downturns and offers you a good chance at your definition of QOL. Even then you will have ups and downs. I believe if you take time to do serious research then you will have chosen wisely. It is still not a guarantee of long term happiness but it increases the odds. Cargo is a great option.

The ABX training department is one of the best I have encountered. You will earn it, but they are there to help you succeed. You do your part (Study hard, Listen to your instructor, pay attention, study with “the group” oh, and did I mention Listen to your instructors? If you are a capable ATP level pilot and you work hard you WILL make it.

No one knows the exact training footprint right now because the training department is extremely busy and It varies every class. Everyone is working hard to keep things moving in a safe and successful way. I waited over a month for OE, but I have a friend that only waited a week and a half a couple classes later, so it appears things are starting to move again.

As reactivity said you will be doing observation flights as an ACM while waiting for OE to start, which will keep you fresh. Stick to the FO like glue on those flights and you will learn a lot and be well prepared for OE which in turn will result in less time spent earning that coveted sign off and Line check.