Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Tractor Bob View Post
Not trying to be offensive to anyone....But, it seems to me management doesn't need the pilots advice or consent to merge. I can't think of any mergers where anyone cared what pilots think. They offered some $$$ to get you guys to agree, for whatever reason you didn't. No money just time to bend over and take it. That really sucks for a lot of great men and women pilots who, for a brief moment, had leverage and a chance to get something meaningful out the company. I wish you all the best. All mergers suck.

TB
This is not quite true. There are several different provisions in the current Delta contract that would cause management problems if they attempt to merge without a joint contract. In particular the scope sections dealing with RJ's. The limits are numbers not percentages. The combined feed of the two airlines would be way over the limit. The contract also has limits on international code share that are in block hours. Until the two companies came together under one contract they would be in violation of that section also. This is one of the reasons the company wanted a joint contract upfront.