View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 08:01 AM
BrianH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by FDX1 View Post
There has been numerous articles about the move due to the BOD not being able to hold the meeting due to “unforeseen circumstances” at the hotel in Florida. It didn’t say it was due to Hurricane Ian.

They also explained that it is now being held in Las Vegas. They also said, contact your representative if you wish to run for the FDX EVP job (you should rather than just whining on APC). I’m fairly certain you will get a reply - by the way, it was probably overkill to email “all of your reps”? You actually only have one Block Rep but three total elected representatives that make up your Local Council. Regardless, I’m sure you will get the details you need to make the trip to Vegas.

They are also posting for a new EA job to assist the MEC Chair - you should definitely apply for that as well. I’m sure he could use your help.

While you are there, drop in for the member at large and say hello. I’m sure they would love to see you as well.

The takeaway is you can exercise your rights regardless of location- FLL, LAS, or MEM!
We finally agree, the Chair could definitely use the help.

Second, Las Vegas is a large city. The MEC did not tell us which venue they are using to hold our meeting.

Third, I have already told my rep who the new EA will be, my rep refused the bet.

Forth, there is NO Member at large time annotated on the agenda.

I am not whining, I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the MEC.

As for why they moved to LAs Vegas, that is irrelevant. it is everything after that which is the problem.

So to rap it up. Does the MEC look forward to any member showing up and attending their meeting? Do they really want participation? How many pilots live within 100 miles of Las Vegas? How many were invited to attend our meeting?