View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 05:07 AM
SGS233
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Thanks for the info everyone, it's (honestly) more than I was expecting. :-)

More pieces to the puzzle, please...

On this end I'm a pescetarian that makes increasingly all-vegetarian choices (ie, no beef, no pork, no fowl... but yes to some seafood and eggs). And as difficult as it was to get (marginally) sufficient amounts of protein when there was some fish/shrimp in my diet, it's become even more challenging since I've started eliminating those two protein sources as well.

For a couple of years I've been making a fruit/spinach smoothie with (50g) of Costco whey powder. It's "okay" but not great... and the desire to keep some fresh fruit and greens in the mix (while on the road) was what prompted my initial question about a portable blender (as the blended fruit and greens component is what made the whey palatable).

But thanks to some of the replies above, I'm now noodling with the idea of carrying some whole fruit to be consumed with a "shaken" protein shake.

My current quest is to find some not-bad-tasting plant-based protein powder... and I'd welcome any suggestions/recommendations that anyone might be willing to make, please.

For me, the Costco Whey powder wasn't particularly appealing when simply mixed with water, ditto for some of their pea protein as well (if given the choice between a chemical aftertaste and going without protein, it's the protein piece that seems to get ditched first).

Many thanks again for the responses, they really are appreciated!