Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 11:46 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
I agree with you completely. And yet there are those that insist it would be seen by an arbitrator as a job action. I don’t mind rolling those dice.
These are the things we will need to do. Along with cutting back on the higher days schedules. That said, the union can't tell us to do all these things without getting sued by the company for a job action. They can throw out a bunch of hints about not flying hungry as a safety issue and send out lots of reminders or maybe even start a mx "did you know" series of emails that subtly show the direction we need to go. They absolutely cannot tell us we shouldn't extend or that we should bid to lower day per period schedules without getting smacked down.

The survey about the VED LOA was a wise choice. If the majority say give notice now or let it expire, they can simply show the results in court if the company tried to sue for that. There would still be many extenders, but I'm sure they would lose a giant chunk of that help overnight if the rates go back to normal. I don't agree that any of these things should be an offense that they would probably lose, but that is unfortunately how things are stacked against organized labor. I know what I say in the cockpit as a regular line pilot may hopefully help influence behavior and I would suggest everyone to discuss these sorts of things often since leadership cannot. They have bought a couple of billboards near Bridgeway and hopefully more shots across the bow will start coming from our union.