View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 06:11 AM
brocklee9000
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by 303flyboy View Post
Just explain that with the paperwork issuing your FAA PPL. Makes for an interesting story if anything, use it to your advantage. No two stories are the same.
Yeah but they are really weird about logbooks, for some reason. Everyone in my group was some level of ATP, most of us still got called over for logbook scrutiny. I had my original ragged book (the first little one you get as a PPL), the bigger Jepp that I took better care of, and a professional bound print of my full digital logbooks. They have me a hard time because that first crusty old logbook “didn’t have some things filled out.” As in, that silly info page in the front. It didn’t have my name, address (from 2014 no less, so like 3 addresses ago?), and the milestones weren’t filled out (the rows for listing endorsements, checkrides, and dates). Never been an issue at 2 regionals and 2 majors interviews, but this ratty old logbook I hadn’t touched in 5 years needs to be completely filled since it’s “an official federal document” or whatever.

I hope they see FAA certificates for that guy and infer that he obviously has the hours and qualifications. But I’d also be prepared for a lot of questions. The day is stressful enough as it is without your logbook validity being questioned.