View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 09:38 AM
Justabusdriver1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2022

Originally Posted by captande View Post
Cant blame the driver if the hotel sets the schedule top/bottom of the hour. I’m sorry, but if the flight attendants are still tipping a dollar and you’re being crusty because you don’t like the “social norms” that’s embarrassing.
When a person is being paid for doing the job they are expected to do for the rate they are expected to do it for tips are generous for doing an exceptional job. They aren’t doing anything outside of their job description and don’t stop getting paid or are paid less simply for picking us up. Just because a service worker does their job to the degree they are expected to do it that doesn’t deserve anything more than their standard pay. Tips have simply become too expected in the service world that people don’t appreciate them they expect them to supplement their income.

Do we receive tips for on time departures and arrivals? Or for smooth flights? We provide a service, should we not be tipped for good service? No? Why not? Just because it’s considered professional? Just because we’re paid more? We are compensated for the level of work and education required to provide that service. No tips. I don’t expect tips I expect to be paid justly and it’s not on customers to supplement that income.