Thread: ABX Air Latest
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 09:03 AM
CaptainJay
Missing from the Crashpad

Joined APC: Jan 2022
Position: 767 Right of center, most days

Originally Posted by Reactivity View Post

If it's really all about the Benjamins for you, you can take the extra two days per month (or more) that you're off compared to your contemporaries at the "highly paid" regionals and pick up some open time trips, maybe at 200% .
I am always amazed the number of people forget we have 2 more days off a month than most carriers have.

Originally Posted by Reactivity View Post
Don't complain about displacements for training. It's just poor form. Nobody likes them, but they are an inevitable part of life on the line when we have new hires. Remember that when you were on IOE, somebody got displaced for you.

And read the contract so that you know why there are advantages to holding a line when you're displaced for training. Being displaced into flex days is still better than being on reserve.
Great Advice. I was fortunate enough to have a steward show me how to turn displacements into opportunity early on, and the advice has paid off for me. Even people who are trying to reach 121.436 mins have more opportunity than reserves as a displaced line holder.

Last edited by CaptainJay; 10-12-2022 at 09:18 AM.