Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 07:42 AM
ExecJet99
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
Where's the sarcasm emoji? I'm pretty sure you are joking. It's going to start getting ugly. There are a lot of very frustrated pilots out there who are sick of getting hammered day after day at work for diminished returns between lack of support from the company, sufficient inflation protection, and lack of FDP. The lack of FDP while still having long duty days with lots of large time shifts is not sitting well with the newer pilots who are accelerating their departures or the long time pilots who are getting ready to fight and are starting to let the lack of support culminate in train wrecks instead of going out of their way to keep things running smoothly. This is going to be an ugly busy season without management throwing a lot of money our way AND getting operations back on track. Unfortunately, it is starting to look like management hasn't learned from past run ins with the union.
I agree with everything you said. Let’s hope our union actually does something. For the record I thought FDP was a bad idea for many reasons and have said so to everyone that listens including FO’s who made more than me. I’m on the 52 and don’t chase it. I ask them to look at their base pay because that’s all you can count on when they were telling me they don’t want to leave for the Airlines. Seem I was right. Now they are seeing all their buds making way more at a regional and will be at a major on 4 years. If I was 10 years younger I’d be gone.