Thread: ATP vs Ari Ben
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:27 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher

rjordan85:

I've visited Ari-ben twice. As a matter of fact, my second visit was yesterday. I live about 60 miles south of their facility. The instructors seem to be concerned about their students and there is lots of time building going on. Overall, my view of Ari-ben has/is changing. They have a new Director of Ops and Mx personnel. From what I was told yesterday, a/c that have mx issues are being repaired and returned to the line in minimal time. This was one of my biggest concerns b/c this issue had seem to pop up everytime I talked to someone about Ari-ben. These statements come from a current student. All ME time other than your PPL; no simulator. As far as XC flying, they claim you can fly across the country just as ATP students do, however most fly between TLH & KYW. Besides, it's 13K less than ATP.

As far as ATP, from what I've read is that you pretty much are on your own when it comes to studying and reviewing the material, which is ok. Being a self starter is an asset, not a liability. I hear it's fast paced and that it's a great place. I'm sure that there are some guys who have attended there will chime in. My only thing is that if I can get the same licenses, ratings, quality of instruction and basically TT elsewhere for less, then that's the route for me.

Good luck in your decision.

atp

Last edited by atpwannabe; 03-30-2008 at 09:48 AM.