View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 03:52 PM
goingplaces
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by b727drvr View Post
hey kai,

with no dog in this fight since i don’t work there (but have a ton of friends who do), as a recruiter, i would recommend that you stay at least 1 year. When a prospective employer (including legacies) see your application and see that you were at a company for less than a year, several red flags pop up: Were there training issues, ioe issues, hr issues, etc. Also, they can see that you came on, got the type rating (and possibly your atp) through wheels up, and bounced on them in less than a year. It doesn’t look good.

Also, most pilots are leaving the regional meat grinder to come to wup, not the other way around. Having talked to my regional friends who joined our company say that they would never go back, even with the enhanced pay because, unless you live in base (and the base doesn’t close), it’s still a brutal regional lifestyle..

I would definitely research your training contract and stay for as long as you can stand it.. If you do leave in less than a year, be prepared to answer the tough questions in the interview.. Saying that you left a place like wup because “it was a dumpster fire” or something like that probably won’t fly as there are now wup pilots at every legacy , lcc, j9, etc., so they are obviously aware of the quality of pilot and training that wup produces. I am not defending training contracts, but they are an unfortunate reality in the charter sector and you should do some deep research before you break one for integrity purposes.

Good luck…

well said!!!!