View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 08:01 PM
tcco94
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: LAX ER

Originally Posted by 61phugoid View Post
Probably been asked before, but can’t find much in the search:

Can anyone shed some light on what life is like for a 7ER NH in LAX?

If LAX is the goal, which is the better fleet to target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been on 7ER in LAX for over a year now. PM if you have questions. Lots of trips down to Latin America, Hawaii is big or slow (HNL essentially on the heavies 76 with MSP/DTW/SLC as well). For instance OGG is on neos now, as is LIH for January. But then January to March KOA/OGG moves to 76 from neos. So it’s hit or miss. We lost HNL/KOA in summer then it’s back, then it’s gone etc. Long term I expect just HNL as the neos grow.

Transcons but even those are subject as we’ve lost SFO transcons. Seeing more ATL flying obviously. We get almost no europe, peak was 7 rotations in summer. One month as FO’s we had about 50-60 Africa trips, I enjoyed that month a lot.

Tahiti (which is seasonal) and Tokyo from HNL resumes in March. I disagree it’s going to ATL only because it would make sense to get a lot of us pacific qualified and not ATL crews. But based on how our out of base Europe trips are divided up, wouldn’t shock me. Seems the only bases that go international on the ER are NYC/ATL.

As far as your seniority here it appears based on what Bob has said is the base will be growing for a couple years. But you never know with Delta. It’s hard to say to a new hire now because I was a UNA so when I got in I was 100%, in 1 year I bid mid 60%’s right now, and after conversions of the August bid I’ll be 41%. I can actually even hold left seat now, which is crazy. But it’s hard to say you’d get the same results because the top 10-20% are very very senior and I don’t know how much movement there is to expect below me. And the ER is always a long term question mark of what they want to do with it…