View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 07:51 AM
tcco94
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: LAX ER

Originally Posted by PilotBases View Post
I mean I accept other bases come and do our flying, and we do others. It’s a network. I see crews doing trips I would like, but then get some decent stuff from their base. It doesn’t rattle me at all. From a system perspective, why would LAX crews fly transcons to outstations, then the Europe stuff? Take CVG CDG. Easy to cover from ATL with a quick hop up to Covington. Having an LAX crew do a 6 day trip to Europe would be an event for sure. It’s a limit on what they can do to get the crew there. What outside base stuff is there? CVG, RDU? You’re limited by the legs to get the crews to those stations.
We overnight there anyways. What you’re talking about here was how we built trips out of ER bases on west coast pre-Covid anyways? We have always had transcon overnight in BOS or ATL leg to RDU overnight then blast over to Europe. So much so they did build some of these this summer but we are talking about 1 or 2 a month. The share of the Europe out of base CVG/BOS/RDU was like 3 to the west coast and 50+ to NYC/ATL.

Either way I just accepted it for what it is. We go to Hawaii and East coast goes to Europe. My whole first post was not me trying to complain, it’s more giving a new hire the message that LAX will not be flying to Europe, and what we get you’ll never touch. That’s just how it is. The whole point now is just defending what C16 said which I don’t think was unfair at all. It’s not like they are stomping their feet saying give us your Prague and Copenhagen. It’s simply where is the share for something you could build very easily and efficiently, as they have before.