View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 05:26 AM
AirlineViolin
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by 13pro View Post
Junior line holder for November is a March 22 date. So 6 months. Keep in mind that’s 2-3 months of training and then OE. So reserve probably 2-3 months. That said, new hire classes are running at only about 8-10 students right now, and you need a LOT of pilots behind you to hold a line (for November there are about 125 FOs on reserve in NYC). So if hiring doesn’t increase, you could be stuck on reserve for a while.

Better question is why on earth are you coming here? This is literally the worst place for a new hire right now….
I’m coming because RPA pushed my class out 3 months saying they have too many FOs, they are doing what EDV is doing only with a 3 month delay, small classes. Had a December 6 class that was pushed to March 7.

I also believe with a new agreement for QOL and pay @ Endeavor things may start looking a bit better.

Endeavor is a superior company when it comes to communication with recruits and future pilots. Republic has dropped the ball big time.

Reserve in RPA is 6-10 months at least.

I guess all the regionals are struggling with having FOs right now, I’m just getting my foot at the door where I think there is a better chance of flying more, sooner.