View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
LivingInMEM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

V1 - my original post was made in jest - at least half-jest. We pilots are our own worst enemies. We whine when the company or union doesn't keep us informed, then when they do we race to post what they told us on open forums (usually in cut-paste format - not even paraphrased).

For the record, posting individual cargo that was carried with no shippers names attached can be interesting. Posting who our largest account holders are (as was asked in the first post), on the other hand, is probably across the line and would not be appreciated by the company. As far as the quip about them doing there research here - I learned from my military days that releasing even small snippets of info that you are sure wouldn't hurt anything can indeed hurt the effort - especially when combined with other small snippets of info. I also learned, most importantly, that it wasn't my decision as to what details were releasable. Ask the CEO or VP's on the business side whether they would look so lightly at giving that info out. As I work for these guys, I'll keep their concerns in mind.

Last edited by LivingInMEM; 03-30-2008 at 05:31 PM.