View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 07:38 AM
BufordT Justice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by HippieAir View Post
So I just had my Republic class date cancelled because they're too fat on FOs and I'm considering just getting my ATP on my own by getting an A320 type. I have all unrestricted ATP mins and written in hand, just need to check the box, so to speak. This may sounds entitled but I'm almost 40, and not in a position to "need" to do the "regional grind." I just want to fly and get into the 121 world and not have to get treated like garbage at the regionals. I have 1600 hours, over 1000 of which of is Turbine PIC, and 500 of which is PIC turbine ME. Sounds like I'm a little light on ME time and need to ATP ticket. Would getting ATP, an A320 type, but having no 121 time and slightly light on the ME time still be enough to get my foot in the door?
With your numbers, I wouldn’t waste another second worrying about the regional game until you make F9 and Spirit tell you no. Go to the next Meet the Chiefs event, talk them through your resume and see what they say. Worst case, I’d think they’d tell you to go get your ATP first. You are an ideal candidate at the LCCs.