View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 04:51 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Which he would in any event if he intended a ‘false flag’ operation.

And I repeat, You’ve never lived in the EU, have you?

Fecklessness R us doesn’t begin to cover it.

The local militaries in Europe weren’t much more than a speed bump back in the Cold War. They are substantially weaker now. And there has been no real organic buildup during the COVID panic induced supply chain disruptions. You don’t fix decades of neglect overnight.

And the willingness of the EU nations to continue to endure sanctions against Russia is already fraying.

So it’s Russia against the US in actuality. And we have no effective and credible wartime political leadership in any event.

Your opinion clearly differs from mine, but I’m still betting the EU folds by the end of Mar.
I don't afford them a tremendous amount of respect in their motives and fortitude, but I think fear matters... that's why NATO has two new, very significant members. Finland is actually quite capable given it's size. I don't think EU will support UA indefinitely, or insist on pre-2014 borders. But I think they will toe the line long enough to make it very clear to RU that this whole thing was a losing proposition.

If they hold out for a 18-24 months the energy markets will adapt somewhat and after that it will be easier. It would be a very good thing if UE reliance on RU energy was permanently reduced, and a lot of players want to take advantage of the opportunity to do just that.

Also RU aggression and energy extortion just adds fuel to the carbon fire (pun alert) and will likely accelerate EU's shift to green energy.