Old 10-28-2022, 08:53 AM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Thanks Tony, I see it now. I missed it the first two times. My bad.

OK, I withdraw my primary complaint about the NC and MEC keeping secrets from the membership, but like you said, that should have been announced as our goal in the openers and shouted from the roof tops, so the company knew we were all on board for that and were willing to fight for it.
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Second, I'm glad they're finally talking about raising the FAE Cap, but nobody has said, publicly anyway, that they're fighting for the IRS limit. That ought to be a rally point, but instead it's a secret.
Come on guys, you know the answer to this. There's 6000 individual pilots at FedEx, each who have different retirement needs. Had they started with specifics publicly, the danger is there would be a group of folks who completely disagree with the NC's goals undermining them in the negotiation room. This is why they stated that they're pushing for a plan to increase retirement for all individuals. While I agree they did drop some nuggets recently, we need to hold tight and wait until we have or don't have a TA. Should we get one, then it up to all of us to decide if it meets our individual expectations.