Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 05:39 AM
FlightLife
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by blknightflight View Post
Anyone here that is or was a BE1900 Capt in the recent past? I am curious about the Intensity level of training as well as the typical flying one would expect in that airframe. Specifically at the PHX 'branch'.
I can’t say exactly what the PHX base schedules are like exactly, but it’s about the same throughout the system; early morning show times (5 or 5:30 am), fly your morning route of one or two legs, stay the day (hotel provided) and then fly your one or two legs back in the evening. Some runs are better than others with later morning show times or “out-n-back” runs, but those will tend to be a bit more senior.

I found that the training was very good and comprehensive. They’ll make sure you can handle an engine failure at V1 and be able to fly it back around for a single engine approach in IMC. The company is adamant on following SOP and safety procedures with a supportive chief pilots office who is there on call 24-7 to help you out. I think Ameriflight was a great company to prepare you for a transition to the 121 world.

Oh, and the 1900 was a joy to fly.