Thread: TCAS vs. ATC
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 12:34 PM
plasticpi
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by Senior Skipper View Post
May I suggest that you contact your airline, and more importantly, the TCAS manufacturer about this incident so they can examine it? I would classify this as a sreious incident at the very least. Maybe if the TCAS stores data, the manufacturers can recover it from both aircraft and see where the error occurred. Please do this quickly.
It's too late for that now, I'm sure, but I filed the ASAP and NASA reports that day when I got home. Aside from that, I'm pretty certain based on previous maintenance related things with my company that they would not have any interest at all in investigating this, as nothing is really broken, it was just a transient glitch, and it's not even certain the the problem was with my aircraft.

I don't know if it was just a standard reply, but I got an email from some commitee/board thing saying how there would be no further investigative or corrective action for our "deviation," due to our willingness to report it. It confused me a bit as I wasn't reporting something I did wrong, I was reporting a potential equipment/system flaw. But oh well.