Old 03-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Knightmare
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Default Which College should I attend in Fall 08?

Hello everyone I'm Matthew a 17 y.o. high school senior who wants to fly I have applied to many schools and have gotten accepted to all of them. Florida Tech(FIT), Embry-Riddle(ERAU), Dowling College, 2 more other ones. I cannot decide which one to attend. I just visited both ERAU and FT last week and I liked both of them (except the sticker shock). A few months back I also visited Dowling College on the tip of Long Island, NY.
I know that FIT and ERAU are the big names for Aviation and Debt, but I was wondering if anyone has met/knows/is a pilot who graduated from Dowling's College of Aviation. I'm just trying to figure out at which schools can I get the following (without considering cost), 1. The most flight time, 2. A good internship, 3. The best education.
I know my Uncle graduated from ERAU and is now a 777 pilot for United. My ultimate goal would be to fly the 777 or dare I say the 787! I am working to get a PPL at my local airport in a part 61 program. That would save me an estimated $15,000 at ERAU

Just give me your thoughts on which college is the best, and why. All responses appreciated.

Last edited by HSLD; 04-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.