View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Justdoinmyjob
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Are the pilots unions still stalling the merger talks? Delta and Northwest has the ability to merge without pilot union consent, and without giving 30% raises to the pilot group. Hopefully the Delta and Northwest pilots will agree before management decides to take these benefits off the table and go ahead with the merger anyway.

With the bad state of the airline industry, the skyrocketing price of fuel, and the lack of pricing power preventing major airlines from raising fares, a Delta/Northwest merger (and then the UAL/CAL merger to follow) will do a great deal to fix some problems within the industry. Hopefully the Delta/Northwest pilots come to an agreement before management decides it is more beneficial to merge the airlines even without pilot consent.
Sounds to me like you want DAL/NWA to merge so CAL can merge with UAL. I don't know if I'd want to hitch my wagon on to UAL. While every legacy is on shakey ground and not immune to what is happening, some are in a more precarious position.

On a different note, I read a press release where Steenland would get an $8 million bonus if NWA merges before the end of June. Need to see if I can find that article again.