View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 05:56 PM
bonvoyage
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by holygrail View Post
Hi, I’ve been absent from this game for many years and considering getting back into the airline game. I’ve got 23 years as a professional pilot but have flown corporate for the last 10. Needless to say I’m no longer a young hotshot with a wife and girlfriend on separate coasts. My kids are raised, my (only) wife is still with me and my cars are paid for. It’s obvious that this world has changed drastically since I left as there were no startups, DEC’S or committing stipends in my heyday. The DEC thing has peaked my interest both at Breeze and Avelo but I’m curious if I’d be the only gray haired captain on the property? Are most of you guys early/mid career? Just out of the regionals? Sounds like the daily grind is manageable at both but I’m curious what you all think?

I commuted to SLC WAY back when but I’m curious how a KPVU commute would work? There are very few flights there! With a PVU base, why is the training CTR in SLC?

is there actually a commuter stipend?

Is the 15~18 days off realistic?

How does holiday flying work?

Am I crazy to think that the DEC option is the best case for a guy to finish his career?

any positive advice is welcome.
There are a lot of older guys here. Even a lot of the Legacy group (the first pilots hired here in/prior to 2021) is 50+. To s of DECs for the A220 we’re guys who took early outs during Covid from SWA, DAL, JB, etc.

15-18 days off is realistic as a line holder. 12-15 days off on reserve (12 is the min off guarantee, but we don’t have flights on certain days so you’ll be off a little more).

PVU would be a 2 leg commute unless you live in Vegas or San Fransisco. We fly there from PVU, so your best bet would be to go to either of those and ride breeze, or SLC and rent a car.

Training center is in SLC because the company is headquartered there.

There is no more commuter stipend

Holiday pay pays 125% (or could be 150, but I think it’s 125%). This year we have no flights on thanksgiving day, so everyone is off for that this year