View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 04:30 AM
yvdriver
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Default Back End Deviation Ridiculousness

I understand once you deviate, you can't un-deviate.... Even on a trip revision? For example, BEDH out of IND. Original pairing has airline on DL IND-ATL-MEM. New revision. Trip now ends in BWI. New BEDH now BWI-ATL-MEM. Already deviated original trip prior to revision. New trip still shows deviation on second leg, ATL-MEM. Same exact flight from ATL-MEM. Called to say no longer want to deviate. Can't get home from BWI, but could've from IND. Told you can't un-deviate. Doesn't matter that it was a trip revision after you deviated. Same second leg means you are still deviated. Called duty officer, who spoke with manager in scheduling. Same response. Can't un-deviate. Go to sleep. Wake up to revision #2. Now end in TYS, spend the night, and BEDH on day off, you guessed it, TYS-ATL-MEM. Same segment from ATL-MEM, but now a day later (in day off), and a different time of day. Trip still shows deviated on second leg. Filed an insite and a DART. DART comes back agreeing with company. Can't un-deviate....even though trip revised twice, ending in a different location, on a different day. As long as any leg segment remains the same on your airline back to base, I guess they say you're on your own. Couldn't find anything in the contract or anywhere else actually stating on trip revisions you get option to deviate again or not, on Back End..... Insite comes back saying, huh, looks like a glitch, you should have had the deviation removed.... So which is it? Do you never get the chance to deviate again, or do you? Anyone with previous experience and anything in black and white on the rules, or where to find it? They require you to deviate 8 hours prior on domestic, but then can do whatever they want to you and you have no recourse? I understand guys not deviating on back ends, and just cancelling ticket, but I'm just trying to find out what actually is written in stone.