View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 06:54 AM
CFIsoonToBeFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
Breeze is no longer hiring DEC’s. That could change with attrition or with more A/C being acquired.

Most guys are probably mid career, they either lived through the lost decade, they’ve passed up a job at a major or they’re trying to see this thing through and haven’t applied anywhere.

PVU commute would be horrible, as you have stated. The training center is in SLC because that’s where the company is headquartered.

Commuter stipend went away. You can choose to have funds held (tax free) to buy airline tickets and hotels.

15-18 days off a month is realistic on the Ejet and if you live in base.

Holiday flying is at 200%.

I’m getting the feeling you don’t want to sit in the right seat because you’re a little older. I would maybe then look at another corporate job. Avelo was doing DEC’s as well (I’m not sure they still are) but they seem to be struggling over there. The start up game is tough and breeze has had hard times but it’s certainly improving. The best option would be to go to a major and hopefully not commute to finish your career. But that means you’ll be flying right seat for a year maybe 2. Hope this helps. Good luck.
I understand Tampa is “senior” but how long would it take to get there with the new A220’s expected to be brought on the property?