View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 08:02 AM
bagpipehero25
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2022

I am hoping that replying here, I might get some help from someone. I recently just took my first class medical earlier this week and did not pass the Ishihara test or the Farnsworth Lantern test. I am currently demoralized because my AME stated that the only further option I have is to take the OCVT. I'm very weary of taking it, since you only have one opportunity at passing it. I also have not flown at all yet, so am unsure how I would be able to fully do the test in order to get a first class medical since my ultimate goal is to do a fast track flight program if I can fly without a restriction.

I've found there are multiple other tests that are acceptable to the FAA. I was wondering if I am still able to take these tests even after my medical was issued with the restriction on it. If I can, would I have to find an AME that offers these tests or is it possible to see any optometrist, since it seems difficult to find AME's in my area (Phoenix) that offer all the tests.

I want to have the greatest possible amount of chances at taking the restriction off of my medical before taking the OCVT. It's better to exhaust all my options first before turning to that. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.