View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 08:13 AM
Anthrax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by threeighteen View Post
With the amount of money I've saved this company by deviating, why can't I at least use my deviation bank to buy a hotel (and maybe even a rental car) in MEM?

We're pretty much the only company left that doesn't provide hotels for training and it doesn't make any sense why we can't use DBA or HBA funds to get ourselves a hotel that should be provided anyway.

Also why do our layover hotels suck so much. We stay at some nice ones for sure (Lake Washington, Sofitel Dubai, Swiss Osaka), but those are few and far between and not a single one of our LAX/ONT/EWR/OAK hotels meets the "decent" threshold.

I know i'm preaching to the choir but our contract lags in so many areas its not funny, especially considering how much revenue we generate for this place.

/rant
our hotels used to be much nicer as a whole, but as with everything here, quality of life has significantly eroded. Our union is weak on this. complaints get filed into the appropriate trash bin. I recently send a photo of a disgusting mattress in one of our LAX hotels, and the union said it wasn’t sufficient evidence to hold the hotel accountable. What? This won’t change until the freight doesn’t move due to lack of crew rest.