Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 08:18 AM
Deserthusker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
You're absolutely right, but we're not in negotiations, yet. Why not save the tools in our arsenal until we are? Unless of course you're trying to bring them to the table sooner, which both the company and the union suggest isn't going to happen in 2022.

My arguement is that they could easily come out and say that they'd love to give us all a substantial raise, but since they had to sub contract so many flights due to nobody picking up extra days, the money just isn't there.
I am trying to bring them to the table quicker. The pilots have bailed out the company for the last two years and have only been treated worse for it. You can't tell me you haven't had longer days, more legs per day, harder time getting crew meals or time to go get food. The company isn't saying it won't come to the table until next year. They are saying they want to wait until next year. The union leadership is saying now isn't the time but have made a distinct change in tone about the relationship with the company. The union leadership admits that issues that they bring up to the company are falling on deaf ears. Why do we need to keep helping the company when they have stopped helping us? They can say that they can't give us substantial raises because of sell offs and we can say they we are tired of working extra days and good luck manning all these planes they are selling.