Old 11-11-2022, 12:21 PM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by 450knotOffice View Post
He's right, though. The sentiment among our pilots is that APA is dysfunctional, has been for a long, LONG time, and is a lost cause. Most pilots I speak with agree it's time for us to move to ALPA. The holdup is our own union leadership stonewalling. How have you not noticed this, considering you work here?
This begs the question, is APA dysfunctional because it’s APA, or because of those in the union leadership? That same union leadership doesn’t want ALPA, or they don’t want to lose their position? Seems like some of the problem has been union reps specifically identified as those voting FOR the AIP. Don’t know enough about the rest of the players, yet. Would it make a difference if those same people had ALPA behind their title instead of APA? Doesn’t sound like it. It sounds like individual names in front of the title, not the titles themselves that are the problem.

And before anyone says I don’t work there either, I DON’T. But I DO have a vested interest in the contract because I WILL be there, at this rate, probably before a new contract is in place, which is why I ask the question.