Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 12:20 PM
skipster
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Greetings all,

I recently applied to Jetblue with 2700 TT but no turbine time, having flown twins the last year and a half at a 135. I really did not expect to hear anything with the lack of turbine time, but received a flight addendum form a couple days later. I filled it out, explaining my two checkride failures (instrument oral 7 years ago and 135 new hire PIC ride) and what I learned- last Thursday. I then received an email the same day saying they would contact me regarding next steps in the hiring process after my documentation has been reviewed. A couple days later I got a "thanks but no thanks we saw heightened competition for the position and decided to move forward with other applicants" email.

I did bust my new hire checkride as a direct entry PIC for a pretty dumb reason at current 135 about a year and a half ago but owned it and have had no issue on ATP captain upgrade, and a couple recurrants, since.

I was wondering if anyone might have any insight on what went wrong here - why they were interested at first and then not, what I could do differently on my a future application and when to reapply OR if I should just give up on jetblue (for now) until I get some turbine time. I didn't add a cover letter or letters of rec on my initial application so I imagine that would be a good place to start.

Thank you