View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 04:15 AM
MtnFlying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Former Regional guy here too and I happen to live in NW Ohio. Let me know if you want to get together for lunch one day to talk about Flex and the thought process I went through before departing the 121 world. I'm also retired military, but active duty Army.

In a nut shell, yes, you can stay at Flex and retire after 30+ years. All comes down to your families goals at the end of that time.

Best of luck with your decision and happy flying!

Originally Posted by Jdragovich9 View Post
New to the Forum here! I was wondering if anyone has recently made the switch to FlexJet from a regional carrier? Im a Mil guy (C-130H's for the Ohio Air National Guard) and got a job with Envoy a little over a year ago. Regional life is just not doing it for me with the schedules... I have to commute from CLE to ORD for work every trip and recently I have only been getting 2 scheduled days off between trips which makes life tough. I spoke with FlexJet recruiters about 6 months ago and decided to not move forward on the switch at the time do to the massive pay increases we got at the Regionals. However, the pay increases seem to have destroyed the Quality of Life... Pursuing the Legacy carriers is still a viable option for me, but worried it will be more of the same...

The wife and I have been talking about me pursuing FlexJet again and was wondering if anyone had any advice. Im 30 and I am looking to find my last "New Employer", is FlexJet somewhere I can stay for 30+ years? or will it burn me out and leave me chasing the Major Airlines years behind in seniority?

Thanks for the help guys!