Old 11-16-2022, 11:47 AM
screamin jet
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: B-767 Captain
Default Huh?!

Originally Posted by Dick Cabeza View Post
So I'm a retired Airline Pilot and was solicited by Flyexclusive
I checked their website hiring area and there is a full size page on salaries. Showing Encore/XLS pilots making $170k(which i'm Typed in)
OK I'll bite. i apply online and within a day or two I get a call from Hiring(probably a contractor) nice guy be he slips up in the interview and says the salary is 115k. I didn't say anything at the time he was cordial and so was I and we ended the interview.

Next I interview with the Training Department, good interview, nothing I wasn't prepared for. I didn't speak of pay discrepancy with the interviewer.

Then the following day the DO calls, seems to be a Great Guy we got on well with the interview, liked the growth potential and home basing of the company. But then came the Pay Issue. 170 vs 115k

He explained that it was an All In figure, adding in Per Diem, Working Days Off, Flight hour overrides, etc.

I finished my chat and promptly sent an email thanking them for the interview but declining the offer of a job.

I have never heard of Per Diem and Days Off pay being used as a pay scale to add up to an advertised yearly pay.

Probably best for people wanting to build time (not me)
I would tend to agree with your assessment. It's all about their marketing to attract prospective pilots. One's that have been around the block can see through this. That being said, the benefits like health insurance, 401k, do count in the entire pay package. In all fairness aside.