Thread: United vs Delta
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 05:23 AM
serce
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by saturn View Post
Realize you got a 20 pilot sample amongst 15,000. IMO there won't be much difference in the kinds of people you fly with at UA or DL, especially at a LAX base. Folks with very similar backgrounds just hired at one vs the other. You'll have a great final 10 years. Congrats and best of luck.
Unfortunately I can't agree. In my experience Delta pilots tend to be a different breed. I realize that my experience is anecdotal but through out the years I have never met a more arrogant and unpleasant group of pilots than Delta pilots. Not to say that it's the majority but the percentage of "sky gods" is certainly higher at Delta. I have observed more than a few friends change into "world's best pilots" after less than a year at the Mothership.

​​​​​​Having said that... Pick the airline that will allow you to live in base. Also, the industry is so dynamic that you just never know what the right choice is untill you retire. I remember people leaving Legacies to go to Southwest after 9/11 because that really was the right choice at the time and now the opposite is happening.