Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 04:00 PM
benzoate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
in fairness, employment laws in some states don’t give companies many options to discriminate against people who have served their time on the theory they have “paid there debt to society.” I don’t personally believe that someone who has committed a serious (and irrational) crime is the moral equivalent of someone who hasn’t, but many state legislatures don’t see it that way. And if the FAA didn’t have the cojones to deny the guy an ATP or deny him a medical, I’m not sure you can blame JetBlue.

The VA hired this guy too…

https://www.esrcheck.com/2019/02/25/...-ex-offenders/

on the cup half full side, at least he’s not still flying a nuke-capable bomber…
jetblue has hired the next German wings pilot. Recidivism rates don’t lie and that’s a huge gamble with other people’s lives.

I do not disagree with anything you stated but at some point a morally balanced company has to decide whether a violent criminal is worth the lawsuits and bad press when the statistics bear out. This individual knew which carrier had a weak HR department and targeted it.

Any employee of jetblue should be fearful of their safety and for the future of the carrier.