View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:20 AM
beis77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by c17heavy View Post
I had Harry for my ATP check last year. Awesome guy. No kidding, YOU NEED ZERO PREP. He will walk you thru everything. Tip is mandatory...don't screw over your buddies later down the line.

To speak of Harry's rep, the day before I flew, 2 guys from McChord flew out for their practical. The week before, 3 C-20 Ramstein guys RON'd in Jersey, got their ATP and flew their G4 to depot for mx. Dudes literally come from all over the world to see him.
what type of plane did you fly the check ride in? Seminole? If/ when I try to hook something up with Harry, I'm just wondering what type of aircraft I can expect to fly, and on average how much prep flying people would recommend. Thanks!

As for the Raleigh guy, well... if his attitude is to lay the "hammer" down on active duty guys, then I guess I'll drive to Jersey. It's unfortunate since Raleigh is only an hour away. I'd rather spend the extra gas money and not have to worry about the heart ache.

How much are people tipping Harry? Money isn't an issue, I just want to know the standard and what to expect; thanks!