Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 04:44 AM
Crockrocket95
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
Yeah, I dont know why, since they pay for Ubers and Lyfts, they dont say an additional 15% or 20% tip will be reimbursed. I get the reason they stopped covering tips was because people were probably over-tipping and it got out of control. I dont mind tipping the line guys out of my pocket as that money typically comes out of tips that I am making but Ubers and Lyfts, doesnt make sense.
I remember I was working for another 135, on a special 91 account flying a rich dude around to various places in Mexico/South America/Central America and we usually tipped pretty well, it wasn't unusual to see us hand 20 to fueler, 10 per line guy helping with the billion bags they carried around, catering tips, etc. The DO (New DO at the time) came to me and said, why are you tipping these people? Its cutting into the margins. I told him, in nicer words, that he obviously hasn't been outside the US and if you want to get fuel or whatever on time you have to be willing to part with money. He didn't really get it, and got the owner to intervene and essentially say 100 bucks to some line guys per day was worth it to get gas and food when we wanted.

Some companies are SO concerned with the bottom line they can't see the forest for the trees, or stepping over dollars for dimes.