View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 05:20 AM
Boomer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: blueJet

Originally Posted by BunkerF16 View Post
My question to the OP is: What is it about the legacies that attracts you? Specifically. Is there one in particular? Is it bases near where you live? Widebodies? Pay and PS? Retirements? Depending on how you answer those questions will determine your answer. JB will be a much different airline in 3 years than it is right now. If the government gets out of the way, we'll almost double our size, double or bases most likely, and have multiple European cities and probably Hawaii on our route map. Jetblue is currently negotiating with their pilots for an extension of the current CBA in lieu of a full fledged contract renegotiation. There are only 3 areas of discussion: Pay, per diem and profit sharing. Others have offered points about PIC/SIC differences. All valid. I'd just throw in what is it about the "legacies" that entices you over what JB is potentially growing into? Important word is potential. This company has a history of digging in their heels, but we're in the very best environment we'll have in our career to negotiate a top shelf JCBA, and an extension before that which will encourage people to stay, and more importantly, get hired here in the first place.

We used to have 10K applications on file. I've heard thats down to a few hundred right now. The regional pay explosion has dried up the pool. That's not conducive for an airline stating they want to hire 1000 pilots next year. Just remember, everything looked great in 2019 before COVID showed up. We're about to enter another recession in 2023. You never know when the good times dry up, no matter what it looks like right now. GL in your decision.
Bunker forgot to add:

In three years Jetblue will be replacing CrewTrac with a crew scheduling system that Joanna says is supposed to work.

That’s right… 2025 is gonna be a big year for JetBlue.