View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 07:49 AM
DocVoliday
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
I’m a United pilot. Agree 100 with above. United has dropped 4 year degree, TPIC and lowered total time to 2350. Hiring plans for 8000 over next five years. Just finished recurrent last week. Met lots of JetBlue pilots interviewing and in indoc.

You fly a Boeing so judgment must be questionable. 😂

Joking. But I will say that that info is a bit anecdotal to tell the OP, a low time guy, to make his decision based on that. JetBlue does send a lot of guys to United and the others, but even the guys that you have seen at United lately, I would bet a paycheck that the majority of them have a good amount of TPIC time, probably obtained from a regional before coming to jetBlue.

TPIC still seems to be the golden ticket to the big three and people who are getting hired from JetBlue into the big three have usually followed that model.

Regional SIC time —-> Regional PIC time —-> JB Airbus type —-> big three

It’s a bit disingenuous to encourage the OP with only 400 hours of 121 time, and no TPIC time, that he’s going to come to JetBlue and immediately (or even in 2-3 years) be hireable by one of the big three. Numbers say differently so does recent history.

Just my opinion, but being a low time 121 guy his golden ticket is not coming to JetBlue to be an FO for 2-3 years and immediately getting called by United. Even with the legacies dropping the PIC requirement, it’s not happening more than a handful of times and majority of classes are still previous regional captains and other airline captains with TPIC.

At this point, he’s halfway to being able to upgrade at his regional. If, after that, he comes to jetBlue then he is so much more hireable to the big three then if he just comes here and hasta set another five years before he upgrades at B6 to have that on his résumé.

Last edited by DocVoliday; 11-26-2022 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Proofing