Thread: New bases ?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 01:00 PM
That Guy 74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by FAAFlyer View Post
I think our anger is better directed at our MEC. United management did a phenomenal job in getting the MEC to vote for an extremely substandard TA. United management also negotiates with many other entities. They seem to drive a tough bargain and that is good for our long term outlook. Our MEC on the other hand...
I concur wholeheartedly.

Management gonna do what management gonna do. As a former business owner of a transportation-related industry, my two biggest costs were labor and fuel. Everything else didn't come close.

SK and gang wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't try to get the best deal possible for the company.

Our MEC and NC are SUPPOSED to represent us and try to get the best deal possible for US. Obviously when you have the situation we find ourselves in, too many of those who were supposed to have our collective interests in mind were only worried about the best deal they could get for themselves.

So here we are.

Glad to see we are starting to head in the right direction, but it's gonna take time. At this point, I appreciate the company bouncing us the 5% from the pandemic LOA early, but that may be the last raise we see for a while...and I'm okay with that.

Some will argue about the time value of money now vs. money later, but I believe safety and our work rules are more important than money. Tumi TA was CONCESSIONARY with regard to so many rules currently on the books that we could not allow it to go through.

Section 3 will come eventually, but let's keep our focus on improving work rules/quality of life, not just the almighty dollar.