Thread: Uniform survey
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 07:20 AM
Speed Select
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: NBC

Originally Posted by interceptorpilo View Post
Funny. I am the opposite of management shill but I happen to think the Delta Pilot Uniform looks way better than any other Air Line uniform. I have thought so since I noticed this sort of thing in about 1980. I also was jealous of Navy Uniforms when I was in the Air Force as I thought they looked better too (same as a Delta winter uniform BTW). Is our uniform any more uncomfortable than an AF uniform - no. So why not look better? If I was king I would keep the current winter uniform and go with an open collar summer uniform. It would look better and be more comfortable. But hey I must be a manager.
Sort of like the “new” Air Force service dress (or all the iterations of ABUs). Everytime an organization tries to update or modernize an iconic uniform, it turns into a total sh!tshow with everyone being unhappy and several more versions of the “new” uniform resulting in focus shifting from the actual mission to “uniforms.”

Our uniform looks good and doesn’t need fixing or changes.

I agree that a light weight shell would be nice for the flight deck and/or warmer months that we don’t wear the horse blanket. Referencing the ire of the f/a uniform changes (and the same quagmire of Air Force uniforms), we are wasting energy and resources on a “new” Delta pilot uniform. Leave good enough alone. Otherwise, what’s the point?! Delta polos and khakis (or flightsuits) might as well be the uniform. We could be the “Best Buy of the skies.”