Thread: C066 Update
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 10:47 AM
JamesBond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
I'm not a go out on mloa for 6+ years type...I'm a go out when we get activated, which for me has been during vacation bidding for going on 4 of 8 years I've been here. I shouldn't get punished with crap vacation because my deployments happen to fall during vacation bidding. I should also be able to vote on TAs as well since I'm only out for a few months and it all has a direct impact on me....especially if a MEC member ie able to get a promotion while on LTD.

Also, the law is only the MINIMUM that is required, the union can choose to go above that. So far, I've heard of no good reason why we're unable to vote on a TA. The reason is I've heard for the vacation thing is BS and is only held to discourage mloa.
My only problem with what you are asking for is that we don't know when you are coming back. I know how military orders work, and I also know you can extend. So what's to say you will come back and work under a contract that you are voting for/against? Just like LTD. I'd rather have YOU doing that than a feckless MEC chairman that wasn't honest with us about his situation however. But again, his coronation was done regardless of what the troops wanted.

Like enuf said, it's disgusting.