Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 04:42 PM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Ravenwing View Post
Previous posts on this board say that the new bonus offer replaces all previous new hire bonuses, so pilots beginning training after January 1st will only be eligible for a $75,000 or $100,000 bonus if they have enough time. I can’t verify this but it makes sense. I expect certain retention bonuses will still be in play for awhile. Since the next class, December 12th, is full, it is likely that pilots hired now will begin after the new year.
The original bonuses ($150K LOA retention) were only eligible to those hired prior to 31 December 2022. That’s the reason for the new bonuses. I might be wrong, but I don’t think anyone could have met the requirements for the new bonus and still made it into a class prior to end of year and thus been able to be eligible for the original retention bonus as well. November orientation already happened and I’m sure everyone for December was already locked in.

Pretty sure they planned things that way. They may be desperate for pilots, but don’t think they will pay anyone for both bonus programs.