View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 06:21 PM
palooza
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
While I completely agree that we all, individually and collectively, need to stay calm and not get too excited, I think Delta, in some way, indicated to DALPA that they were ready to get this done and asked them to be available this week. I started this week with measured optimism, but after the snafu with the TA page on the website, I have a feeling the MEC is on hand to read and vote on an AIP today and tomorrow. They’ve been led to believe that a TA is possible and already set up the TA page.

This could be similar to TA1 circa 2015, but Delta knows, thanks to our rejection of it that we are fully capable of voting down a substandard contract so I don’t think that will happen again so soon. With all the other airline’s or air line’s pilots similarly negotiating for new contracts, Management can’t argue that a large raise and improvement to our contract will make it impossible to compete in the market place, because within a month of our agreement, UA, AA, LUV will all be getting equal, if not better, pay rates. UA and AA have also rejected substandard AIP’s and TA’s recently, so Management knows we will not settle for mediocre increases.

It’s time, and they know it. Our raises won’t affect 2022 numbers because it won’t go into effect, if we vote for it, until early next year, so they’ll get a year of substantial profits under the company’s belt.
makes sense. But how many times are we told just enough to get through the next holiday or season or…

company says what it wants. Until it’s being offered (still could be this week, maybe not), we have words on a weekly update. Nothing more