Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 08:14 AM
medfly21
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
That’s a tough one, Medfly…. To begin with, I am the worlds worst Recruiter because I regularly recommended that people at least consider 121, Netjets pays better, etc., so I am a Pilot first, Recruiter second.. With that said, I really need more information to give you an honest answer.

You say that you have an offer with FE, but an “interview” with Premium Jets.. Although, these days an interview is almost as good as an offer, my first thought would be would you rather have a bird in the hand vs. two in the bush, as they say? Other than the INITIAL pay, you haven’t specified what the advantages are for going to Premium Jet, such as is the schedule written in stone, or do they do the “you get 8 HARD days off per month, unless the Principal wants to fly and then we’ll make it up to you”, LOL.. You mentioned that the pay is 120K, but what is the progression of pay and progression of different jets for transition and upgrade (It looks like we both flew EMS from your username, and you know how EMS pays starts out decent, but often stagnates after..)? Also, how many jets and pilots does Premium have? Currently, we are pushing 100 jets and have passed 330 pilots if you count those like you that are awaiting INDOC, so there is definitely strength in numbers and we have 30 new CJ3+s, 14 XLS+ Gen 2s, and 7 Longitudes, coming, so this is turning out to be a huge operation.

Bottom Line: If this were UPS that we were talking about, with a ton of friends there and knowing a lot about them, I would absolutely say run to UPS, but I don’t know enough about Premium Jets because there is no information on the web or on the APC Airline Py Profiles page about them. If we were talking about Netjets, I would say go there if quick upgrade time is not pivotal to you and you wanted to go to a great, established company. But if this is Premier (rather than Premium Jets), I would encourage you to compare our APC Pay Profile page to theirs, and I think that you would probably decide to come here.. While it is true that we have not yet caught up to NetJets or Flexjet yet, we have come from behind and equaled or surpassed many other competitors in terms of pay, benefits, size, and stratospheric growth and we don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Good luck with your decision and feel free to PM me with any questions…. I don’t get any referral bonus per pilot, so I have no reason to be disingenuous with you. Whatever you decide, I will be happy for you because when just one pilot wins, we all win..
Thank you for the info. It is Premier Jets..my mistake. It seems like FE is great company. Premier is a smaller company. The street Capitan and higher pay is enticing. I just not sure I am being short sighted by not taking a lower pay for 6 months and possibly going to a bad situation. I'm later in my career so I'm thinking 5-7 years before I hang it up.