View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 02:19 PM
akulahunter
Voice of Reason

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Uncomfortable

Originally Posted by xiovelrahc View Post
This is bull****… if the company and union don’t get **** done soon I’m out… this place could be the best kept secret in the industry but pride and ego from the people involved will be our downfall.. everybody needs to get their backup plans in place.. negotiations taking months off for the holidays when this company is going down the toilet shows that nothing is gonna get done anytime soon. We’ll be lucky to have a contract by 2024 And probably much longer. Sad
Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
Negotiations don’t resume until January.
I'm pretty sure that the union is scheduled to meet with the company for the next three weeks in a row, including Christmas week. Not sure how that equates to January or taking months off, but I'm sure you have a way to explain it. Of course, the union and company were supposed to meet this week too and I heard the company canceled.

As far as the guys (Marg) that want the old shady crew back, you can keep that crap. Those guys were the ones that screwed us to begin with. If it weren't for those shady dudes we wouldn't be saddled with the piece of crap contract we have now. To add to that, for all you guys screaming about "first" contracts, how did JetBlue's first contract look in comparison to what we have? Educate yourself on what others have and when they got it (and how). We have one of the most uninformed pilot groups in the industry when it comes to what everyone else actually has in their contract. Try starting with the contract comparison that the union put out (or the one SWA put out in 2019, or the one that Spirit put out a year later) and then read through the executive summary of Alaska's new contract. That should give you an idea of what we should be going for as a minimum and all the things that should lead to a no vote if they aren't in the new deal. It's pathetic that other airlines (including ULCCs) don't even include Allegiant in their comparisons because we are so far behind.

Every established major airline has a contract. They all have 90% the same stuff in them to varying levels. This isn't rocket science. Look at the other contracts, and get that stuff. It shouldn't take 30 iterations of the contract to get where the rest of the industry is already. (Once again, I point to JetBlue, who achieved almost all of that in their first contract). It should be pretty easy for the company and for the union. The problem is, the company doesn't want to compare to the other airlines because we are "different."