Old 12-04-2022, 10:44 AM
journeytolegacy
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by Thedude86 View Post
I’m an August flow from AA. I was a regular line pilot at PSA. Not an LCA. Not in the training department. Not a chief pilot. Nothing special. Just a line captain.

In June, I made 47k. That’s with 37 of my hours at the old pay rates. In July I had vacation… Added one trip to my schedule and still had 21 days off. I made 36k. Could have easily made another 15k and had 15 days off, but I had future in laws visiting from overseas for the month. Had I been an LCA, I would have made 66,000 in June. Now I’m making 7,500 a month at AA.

The way PSA’s bidding and premium pay works… even the most junior line holder could do the same thing if they understand premium and the contract. The only thing my seniority gave me was maybe an extra day off per month on my initial bids.

Will I ever make that at mainline? Maybe in 20 years as an LCA on the 777. I know it’s temporary but let’s say the good times last only 5 years. Conservatively on the low end… even with an adjusted 30% contractual gain at AA… I would easily make over 1.5 to 2 million MORE at PSA after only 5 years without trying. While having 17-19 days off every month. How long will it take me to earn that back at AA? If you invested your money wisely, even without a 16% DC, I might not ever break even. I have 29 years left. I’m starting to think I made the wrong decision.
I hope you post in the “end of year salary report” that’ll be up later December. I’m sure a lot would be interested to read this.