View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 01:54 PM
flensr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Crjdeuce View Post
Phillips norelco oneblade, highly recommend.
I use one of these to trim after I haven't shaved for a few days, but on the road it'll start your day with a 5-oclock shadow. That's ok for some, doesn't look good on me. I LOVE the oneblade shavers, but the very short stubble they leave just doesn't look right on my face. That said, if I'm in a rush I'll use the oneblade and go. Haven't gotten any comments one way or another so it's probably good enough. Best part of the oneblade razors is that they're FAST, and they don't cut up your face at all. The primary drawback to the oneblade design is that the blades don't seem to last super long. Even when old they won't cut up your face but they start to cut much slower and don't glide as easily and will eventually start grabbing hair instead of cutting it. It's relatively inexpensive so this isn't a big problem.

I use the phillips oneblade at home and they're small so I have one in my travel kit. For my "on the job" shave I use a braun cordless electric. I prefer the ones that have the single larger-diameter foil rather than multiple smaller foils, but everyone has their own preference. Braun has a single foil shaver that is MUCH less expensive than their top end premium multiple foil shavers and after using them for 28 years I've found the $50 braun shavers work just as well as the $200 ones.