View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 12:17 PM
Pure13
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2022

Originally Posted by KWH53 View Post
Can anyone confirm whether any mil guys have been hired without the ATP practical, just ATP/CTP written complete? I'm in that boat, just curious. I've heard conflicting data.
Thanks y'all!
Yep! I personally know one mil pilot who was hired without it, but he is also the only one I know who tried applying without out one (so 100% success.....). Also, at the Delta ATP-CTP course, their hiring department came in to talk to us. One of the dudes in my class asked your exact question, and the hiring manager confirmed that it's not required in their current hiring climate, and told us to "just focus on the airlineapps minimums."

I submitted my Delta app recently, without my practical done. However, in the next few months if I don't get a call from Delta, I'll be running out and getting my practical so I can submit to everyone else. Obviously this tactic only makes sense if Delta is your #1 choice, you aren't in a huge rush to get hired (still have a lot of time on your ADSC), and you're down to save a few Gs.